Consider a career at MMChr, a leading California HR Outsourcing company. We are always looking for great talent for payroll, HR, benefits, workers’ compensation, accounting and IT departments. See which one of our careers is the right fit for you.
Business Development Consultant/Sales (Southern California)
MMC is looking for an energetic and motivated individual to join the business development team. Candidates must have the drive to work in a fast paced, high energy environment. Must be able to multi-task and possess excellent verbal and written communication skills. This position calls for individuals who are extremely organized, detail oriented, and possess the ability to work well with others.
Strong familiarity with MS Office is required, with particular emphasis on Excel, Word, and Powerpoint. Experience with Lotus Notes is also preferred but not required. Some experience with the Salesforce CRM platform is noteworthy but not required.
- Generate leads by using different marketing techniques (i.e., cold calling, canvassing, networking, etc.) Receives lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on information provided by Sales Manager
- Travels throughout assigned territory to call on prospective customers and generate business.
- Schedules presentations for prospective customers by displaying materials and demonstrating effectiveness of MMC’s services.
- Provides prospective clients with a cost analyses and the cost benefits of MMC’s services to their organizations.
- Prepares sales contracts and all necessary information to prospective clients to close sales.
- Provides MMC corporate employees with all necessary information on new clients so that account can be set up according to Business Development and corporate parameters.
- Assists corporate employees as necessary with implementation and maintenance of accounts and as requested, performs field visits for client maintenance and retention.
- Meets all reporting requirements, including preparing activity reports, reports of business transactions and keeping expense reports and provides Marketing Coordinator with statistical and other information as requested.
Education / Experience Requirements
College degree is a plus, but not required. While extensive work experience is not required, professionalism is critical.
Appropriate candidates will also display strong acumen for the following duties and functions:
- Distinct interest in the Human Resources field and the consulting business models
- Experience and proven ability in selling a service.
- Proven ability to consistently meet and exceed sales quotas.
- Territory and time management skills.
- Ability to keep detailed records and report weekly progress to supervisor
- Developed communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Working knowledge of benefit packages and payroll services preferred but not required
Base salary will depend upon experience. A generous commission structure, vehicle allowance program and phone reimbursement structure will be discussed during candidate interviews.
MMC’s benefits include medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) savings and retirement plan, tax-exempt Section 125 Cafeteria Plan, tuition reimbursement program, and an employee Assistance Program.
Employees also have access to many voluntary benefit programs such as credit unions, a College Bound Fund, Pre-Paid Legal Services, I-Bonds, and all kinds of supplemental insurance including pet insurance. Extras include direct deposit of paychecks, loads of discounts and extra holidays.
If the role above sounds like to right fit for you, we invite you to apply.
- Cover letter
- Salary History (submissions without a salary history will not be considered)
Please send all submissions to our HR department
All careers offered by MMC require a high level of professionalism.
MMC has been serving the Human Resources Outsourcing (HRO) and Human Resources Consulting markets over 30 years. MMC’s focus and expertise lie in labor regulatory compliance, specifically labor law compliance, risk management and HR best practices. MMC is currently expanding and looking to add to energetic and enthusiastic individuals to our team.